Update on rebuilt and painted burd feeder

Well, our two resident squirrels don't like the new metal feeder openings I fabricated for the rebuilt feeder. After 1 day, they chewed partway throug h the hot glue I had used to hold the feeder tubes in place, and bent some of the heavy metal the tubes were made of. The bent metal did not give them better access to the food itself. Now,after a day,they seem to have given up on getting food from the feeder itself and are scrounging food from the grass below.
We'll see what happens next!!!
On 3/25/2016 10:21 PM, snipped-for-privacy@att.net wrote:

We have a squirrel proof bird feeder in the back yard. The openings have these little doors on them that slide shut if any pressure if put on the feeder by an animal like a squirrel. It's GREAT!
--
Maggie

On Fri, 25 Mar 2016 20:21:33 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@att.net wrote:

Then squirrels are gonna put a nuclear bomb in the feeder!!!
On 3/25/2016 11:56 PM, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

Hmm. Where might they get such an idea?
I thought squirrels were a species of peace. After all, George W. Bushytail said so.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 3/25/2016 10:21 PM, snipped-for-privacy@att.net wrote:

More good news! I've seen squirrels "give up" on my feeders before, but they always try again.
Muggles,
Got a picture, or a name of your feeder???
On 3/26/2016 10:21 AM, snipped-for-privacy@att.net wrote:

I am most assuredly not muggles, but I use these and they work quite well. I believe they are also available at Amazon.
http://bromebirdcare.com/
On 3/26/2016 10:21 AM, snipped-for-privacy@att.net wrote:

Squirrel Proof bird feeder:
bird seed feeder holes open:
http://i64.tinypic.com/1qs6z4.jpg
bird seed feeder holes covered by metal leafs:
http://i63.tinypic.com/2dbp4lj.jpg
bird seed feeder model number/name
http://i66.tinypic.com/saulc1.jpg
We've had it for a while, so I'm hoping you can get all the info off the bottom picture that has the model number and name on it.
--
Maggie

On 3/26/2016 5:30 PM, Muggles wrote:

bottom so that you can adjust the amount of tension. It also comes with a "guide" that gives you approximate weights of birds. It's helpful if you know what kind of birds you want to feed, that way you can adjust the tension so that only those types of birds can access the seed. All squirrels in my area are heavier than any birds I would be feeding so that's not a problem :)