Update on gas burner not lighting

Gas stove has 2 ignitors that control 2 burners each.

One burner won't light yet the ignitor for it works for the other burner that it controls.

Could the part behind the knob be at fault ?

Thanks Andy

Reply to
Raleigh_3_Speed

Which is the part behind the knob?

I don't have a gas stove, but it seems likely to me if one lights and not the other, the ignitor is out of position, or one of the burners is out of position. In older stoves, they had cast iron pins that fell into holes to put them in position, and they must still have something like that. If you can easily move the burner, it's not in its pinhole or the pin has broken or bent.

Look for difference between the two that work and the two where only one works. Maybe the ignitor is twisted somehow that the spark only reaches one of the burners. Maybe it's meant to be closer to one but the spark is weaker than it should be so that it doesn't work on the one it's farther from.

The important thing is too look closely until you figure it out.

Reply to
mm