Update on fireplace draw problem

OK guys. Thanks again for the ideas on making our fireplace draw better. It is a two sided fireplace that is open to the living room and the master bedroom and smoke would fill up the bedroom.
Solutions = 1. Take more time to pre heat the chimney. 2. Raised the grate about 3". 3. Moved the grate towards the living room about 2", which is about two inches off center of the chimney.
VIOLA! all the smoke goes up the chimney!
Thanks again for your suggestions.
cm
"cm" wrote

;-) Glad to have helped.
My parents house, the chimney is external wall. So, the chimney gets cold. We have to light a piece of news paper, and hold it up the chimney to start the draft. The fire needs to be along the back wall, not in the center. Grate higher or lower makes little difference.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus