Update: F*&%ing heat...

Page 1 of 3
How sick of me are you guys? :-)
The same thing happened with the hea two days in a row - tell me what you think...
I get home, turn up the thermo from 62 to 72, system kicks on - I wait 10 minutes, then I bleed all the radiators again - from top to bottom (all give out only clear water), then I go to check on the boiler. outbound pipe that has the issues was hot, then it went cold (while the burner is cooking!)...all the inbound pipes were hot.
I check the radiators, only 5 of the 8 are hot. Two are cold, one lukewarm. I mean ice cold...I do a quick bleed on these two, and cold water comes out...
Back to the basement - the system kicks off - the air release valve over the expansion tank gives off 4 or 5 quick hisses, then the circulator on the inbound pipe kicks in, then the burner turns back on...at this point, the outbound pipe gets hot -real hot, and in 5 minutes the three cold radiators are blazing hot.
So essentially, If I waited 20 minutes, all the radiators would get hot, just some faster than others...Is this right?
Also, my expantion tank has a air nipple on the bottom, like on the tire of a bike...Is this to pump in air or to let it out? Thanks,
Bluesman

Jeff,
The water column needs to maintain a certain minimum pressure in order to fill to the highest point in the system. This pressure depends upon the difference in height between the highest and the lowest points in the system.
Gary Lloyd has at least twice asked you some simple questions, he is most likely your very best bet to help you with your problem, yet it appears you have completely ignored him.
Perhaps you have bigger problems than it would at first appear?
--dammit
On 22 Dec 2004 16:01:34 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@netscape.net wrote:

I told you how to check out the fill pressure in the other thread. Let me know when you are done screwing around.
_______________
Gary R. Lloyd CMS HVACR Troubleshooting Books/Software Written by a veteran Service Technician
https://www.merchantamerica.com/tmethod /
On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 00:36:51 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@gatecom.com (Gary R. Lloyd) wrote:

EXTREME CAUTION! Lloyd is a retired HVAC tech of dubious credentials who is posting only so he can promote his very expensive book. He has great distain for your abilities to do anything yourself. He thinks you need to hire one of his brothers to fix anything.
BB
On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 01:00:27 GMT, BinaryBillTheSailor@Sea++.com wrote:

Geeeeez, you're a poor loser. How old are you?
Here comes that SPAM again:
_______________
Gary R. Lloyd CMS HVACR Troubleshooting Books/Software Written by a veteran Service Technician
https://www.merchantamerica.com/tmethod /
On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 01:30:11 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@gatecom.com (Gary R. Lloyd) wrote:

Yep, you have done a great job of proving everything I've said. You are here to advertise, not to help. That's the only reason you are here.
BB
On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 01:50:37 GMT, BinaryBillTheSailor@Sea++.com wrote:

ROFLMAO
_______________
Gary R. Lloyd CMS HVACR Troubleshooting Books/Software Written by a veteran Service Technician
https://www.merchantamerica.com/tmethod /
(Gary R. Lloyd) wrote:

here to

Bill,
Suggest then *YOU* put our money where your mouth is.....and go on ahead help out poor lil Jeffery, instead of devoting your efforts to ragging on Gary.
*You* wanna test the expansion tank, then *YOU* can hold Jeffery's hand and go ahead and describe how to do that it all in minute detail...........
Once thats proven okay, whatcha goina do next, hmmmmmm ?
Oh, I almost forgot---written any books lately ????
--

SVL

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 20:28:30 -0800, "PrecisionMachinisT"

I've been doingthat since the get go, fucktard.

We are not testing the tank. He asked how to DRAIN the tank. That's why you are a lousy tech. You don't listen, you just run your ignorant pie hole. I already gave him the basics, and I'm sure he will ask if he has any questions.

You mean self-published, poorly edited ones full of bad advice written by a retired plumber who stumbled along for 35 years before they pulled his license? That kind of book?
I'm thinking I should maybe come play in the HVAC group for awhile. Yelling at me isn't going to have any effect, so I could be there for quite a while. Keep inviting me.
BB
On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 11:50:21 GMT, BinaryBillTheSailor@Sea++.com wrote:

You gave him the basics for draining YOUR tank. He has an entirely different type of tank. You just assumed that his system is identical to your system.

Yet another subject that you know absolutely nothing about, yet you pretend to be an expert on.

LOL
_______________
Gary R. Lloyd CMS HVACR Troubleshooting Books/Software Written by a veteran Service Technician
https://www.merchantamerica.com/tmethod /

you are

already
I've never claimed to be an hvac tech, and the fact is Ive never even worked on a boiler type system in my life--indeed, I've never even been in the same room as one, for that matter.
Now could you please tell us again exactly what draining the tank is going to accomplish ???
--

SVL

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 08:19:51 -0800, "PrecisionMachinisT"

It will remove the water from the tank. Don't stand directly underneath while he's draining it, or you'll get soaked!
BB

is
distain for

his
BB, you are an ass! Dubious credentials, what a laugh! Gary is one of the few that will help homeowners! Sure he has books to sell, but the average Joe home owner has zero use for his books! The books are intended for HVAC techs, not for home owners! Greg

Nope, I got it right the first time. Is this an invitation for me to start buzzing around in the HVAC group? Sounds like it!
BB
On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 11:51:48 GMT, BinaryBillTheSailor@Sea++.com wrote:

Will it keep you from giving out bad advice to unsuspecting homeowners? If so, buzz away.
The fact that you don't know isn't a problem. The problem is that you don't know that you don't know. Delusion can be dangerous. Self-delusion more so.
_______________
Gary R. Lloyd CMS HVACR Troubleshooting Books/Software Written by a veteran Service Technician
https://www.merchantamerica.com/tmethod /

Those guys will chew you up and spit you out in little pieces if you start in to sending folks off on wild goose hunts instead of focusing on troubleshooting the system in a logical, orderly manner.
Really no need to go there, many of them will do it here, too.
--

SVL

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 08:45:37 -0800, "PrecisionMachinisT"

They can chew their cud all they want. I have a hide like an alligator. They'll find it impossible to make me leave if I should decide I like it there. Maybe you should rethink your strategy, fucktard.
BB

start
They'll
Maybe
And it appears your higher brain functions much the same as that alligator's, too........
I'm curious, just what the hell are you talking about with "strategy" here ???
What I mean to say is that that group falls into the ".alt" hierarchy, and as such I personally wouldnt give a flying rat's ass if you went on over there and proceeded to make an utter fool of yourself.
--
SVL

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 10:59:57 -0800, "PrecisionMachinisT"

Take a pill, asswipe.
BB
On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 18:16:54 GMT, BinaryBillTheSailor@Sea++.com wrote:

Hide like an alligator? On the contrary, you are quick to dish it out but you can't take it. At the slightest hint of criticism, you get all pouty, engage in mindless insults, and throw a childish little hissyfit. Then you make stupid threats about what you will do if you don't get your way. Next you will be kicking your feet and threatening to hold your breath until you turn blue.
How old are you?