up grade electrical panel for garage

Page 2 of 2

If the cable is rated for underground use (i.e. UF cable), there shouldn't be any problem. The conduit is just for protection.
However, you can't run standard romex in an underground conduit as it isn't considered waterproof. Water can theoretically still get in the conduit, and would degrade the paper filler in standard romex cables.
Individual wires are preferred, and will be easier to pull through bends in the conduit.

Yep, that would work too. Even if you don't use it for power, you might want to run a telephone or ethernet cable some day.
On 10/09/2016 07:04 PM, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

Yup, poco only cares about wires up to the meter.
And if you don't have neighbors nearby, the code guys usually don't give a shit either.
Ed Pawlowski expressed precisely :

Wouldn't 240 be better? 220 seems old and stale somehow.
On Sun, 09 Oct 2016 11:24:57 -0400, FromTheRafters

"220, 221, whatever it takes".
[snip]

231.999997VAC at 59.97Hz is best :-)
On 10/9/2016 11:24 AM, FromTheRafters wrote:

Some of us here are old and stale and grew up with 110/220. My house is actually 124/248

Same here
On 10/09/2016 09:24 AM, FromTheRafters wrote:

A rose by any other name...

It depends on what you have existing, what is available, and how much is in your budget. Where is your main electrical panel in relation to the garage? Do you think it is physically possible to install a new circuit from your main electrical panel to the garage?
Posting some pictures would help us give you some ideas.
John Grabowski http://www.MrElectrician.TV
I will be wise ass and say buy new home !!!!!
"KEVIN" wrote in message
i have my garage running off a 20amp breaker and i want to upgrade to handle more electric load. what are my options