unwanted guest

<snip>
Sounds like you need to find him a roommate, preferably a large, ugly, scary, gay outlaw biker dude...
DJ
-> I have an in-law suite above my garage. My son used to live in there. He -> moved out and bought a house and a friend of my daughters was fueding with -> his mom, (his dad already put him out)so I let him move into the room -> provided he did "son things" and paid his own way as far as utilities went. -> Well he won't do the son things, has too many people over and told me I'm -> crazy when I showed him the utility bill and he wont move out. What the fuck -> can I do short of killing him? He's been there since November so he should -> have saved up enough money to get a place by now. He hides from my husband -> and wrote us a letter saying he thinks he has renters rights. Can anybody -> give me some advice? The kid has been lying to us all along. I'm afraid he's -> going to trash the place or worse yet, get raided for having under-aged -> friends in there drinking and smoking pot. He was an alright kid when he was -> sleeping on my couch. Now he thinks he's king of the hill. I just want him -> to leave.
You'll get some great advice if you post this question to misc.legal.moderated.
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

WHAT??????
The Kathy troll ,,, 8 out of 10
Your Best bet is your worst cause you know nothing Cathy ....
Change the locks on the suite. If you ask him to leave, and he does not, it is trespassing and you can have him arrested. Of course, if there is a lease (or understood lease) you will need a lawyer.

In alt.home.repair on Thu, 27 Jan 2005 02:44:16 GMT Phisherman

Cops have some level of immunity from false arrest suits, but other people don't. If you manage to get someone arrested by lying to the cops, I'm pretty sure you'll be liable for damages. If, in these circumstances, you don't lie to the police, I'm pretty sure no cop will arrest anyone.
A story. I knew two guys who were in law school and they sublet from someone, who I think was subletting from someone else. They'd been living there for more than a year, or at least more than 6 months when the last guy I mentioned came back to the city. He used his key to get in and changed the locks. When my two guys got back, their keys didn't fit, so they broke in through a window and changed the locks again. The primary tenant called the police, and of course they came. My two guys pointed out that this was a civil matter and the cop needn't get involved. The cop agreed and he left. I think eventually, my two guys agreed to leave at the end of the school year, which was only a month away or so, and they did, and the guy agreed to move back in then.

WOW, big surprise! He treats his own parents like crap and you think its his parents fault and let him move in? Being a mother yourself with a son you honestly thought that it was all this ungrateful jerks parents fault that he was kicked out? You REALLY thought that this jerk would treat you better than his OWN mother?
The 4th commandment is
"HONOR thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord that God giveth thee:"
The bible says that unruly kids are to be brought before the elders and stoned to death, this is why the commandment gives this promise, if you don't honor your parents your going to be judged by society who is going to stone you because God knew that unruly and non honoring children end up to be worthless scum on society. . Maybe we should get back to biblical teachings instead of this garbage called 'tolerance' !!
BTW, the other commandment is "Thou shalt not kill". Interesting that its listed after honoring your parents! So no, you can't kill him.
Personally, I would have your husband move out there and sleep there. In just a few days he will be gone.

Boy, does that speak volumes. You religious nuts are a far worse problem than a million bad tenants.
Genesis 38:7 And Er, Judah's firstborn, was wicked in the sight of the LORD; and the LORD slew him.
So apparently God doesn't think Kathy's tenant isn't wicked or he would have already offed him. Too bad God isn't smart enough to know he's making bad people before they come out. It sure seems like it would save us from a lot of grief. Maybe he just digs killing people.

LORD;
have
Well Sam, my husband sees a potential valuable member of society in this boy. He has asked me to look past the kids actions of the past couple months and give him a chance. I have agreed to extend an olive branch and try to get back to where we were when he used to sleep on our couch because he liked being with our family. We've talked it out and showed him the electric bill which shows the usage is 40% higher than it was last year for the same month when 2 people lived up there. Then he agreed to stop using the electric heater he bought, buy some slippers and pay the difference in the bill - about $150 additional. What it appears to have come down to is inexperience on his part. He has never had to pay his own way before so he had no clue about how much utilities really cost. In the course of the conversation he even said he was surprised how much money he was spending on food. He never even knew a box of Lucky Charms was 5 bucks. His mother was very protective and controlling, probably why they had so much trouble between them as he was becoming a young man with his own ideas and goals. I've talked to her and I get the feeling that because he wants to be a photo journalist and not what she wants him to be that she thinks he is a loser. She told me yesterday that she is "done with him!". It's a shame how people throw away kids just because thier chronological age is that of an adult. This kid has some growing to do and after all the mayhem I believe with a little encouragement and support he will turn out just fine. Hell, he already learned about bleeding the radiators.

It wasn't me who suggested you should live by the bible and kill him - that was some religious nut (sorry for the redundancy).
I think it's great you're trying to help this guy; sure sounds like he could use it.
Best of luck to all involved. Let's hope it turns out for the best.
P.S. - he can get a case of Maruchan instant lunch noodles for about $4 and eat for 2 weeks. Rice is practically free too. I'll be damned if I ever paid $5 for a box of cereal!
<< He never even knew a box of Lucky Charms was 5 bucks >>
Tell him Malt-O-Meal makes a knockoff Lucky Charms for half that.

And Sugar is onsale in my neck of the woods about once a month................he's gonna need it for that unsweetened knock off cereal........
P.S. Those aren't ellipsis'...........they're style points.LOL!
Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply
MUADIB

Is this a hoax?

no

But I thought I read somewhere that this was a hoax?
Mark wrote:

Which is the hoax? The original post or the replies?

Does the bible offend you? You mock God and think your smart? Amazing.
If you would study the scriptures instead of taking them out of context you would perhaps understand the real meanings of why the Lord does certain things. But you instead probably use the skeptic bible for your arguments since its obvious you don't put much time into study of it yourself. Now, instead of you asking WHY did the Lord do this with one person and not another you set yourself up to be greater than God with your accusations. Therefore, I suggest you go look in a mirror and admire yourself Oh Wise one.
And before I leave, don't misquote people, I never told her to murder him. There is a difference between murder by an individual and capital punishment as specified in scriptures.