Unusually Odorous Dyna-Glo Kerosene Heater

This is a radiant type. My old Kerosun Omni (convection) has nowhere near the odor of the Dyna-Glo. The DG has been used very sparingly and was just rerfillled with fresh K-1 kerosene. I have tried slow-burning the wick, although it appeared to be soft and without carbon deposits. No change. On ignition, the heater always emits a puff of black smoke. When running I have noticed that the flame (if adjusted blue) does not go all around the chimney. What could be wrong? Thanks! Frank.

Reply to
frank1492