Unusual Problem, Small Area of Floor Warm

I have a strange thing going on that no one can seem to figure out. In my house I have ceramic tile (underlying the tile is a cement slab) installed several years ago. In a small area near the kitchen, about 2' by 2', the tiles are noticeably warmer than the other tiles around them. That is, about 4 of the tiles are affected. They look no different than the other tiles. They are not near any heat-producing appliances. It is not caused by the sun hitting the area (the area is far from a window). There is no water leak (I checked my meter, and it does not move unless I have water running from a faucet). Any ideas? Thanks,
--
Ross Payne

Ross Payne wrote:

Well, if the kitchen's on ground (no basement), then it's likely an alien craft waiting for the pilots to arrive from above. Maybe install a few extra lightening rods ... or consider selling ... Geez that was one bad movie ... wotw remake.
I would guess that the hot water pipe to the kitchen sink is in the slab and comes a bit closer to the surface where you feel the warm area. Muff

Ross Payne wrote:

Maybe someone tossed out an RTG and it somehow ended up in the fill under your house. Borrow a Geiger counter and see what you find.<G>
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)
I have a strange thing going on that no one can seem to figure out. In my house I have ceramic tile (underlying the tile is a cement slab) installed several years ago. In a small area near the kitchen, about 2' by 2', the tiles are noticeably warmer than the other tiles around them. That is, about 4 of the tiles are affected. They look no different than the other tiles. They are not near any heat-producing appliances. It is not caused by the sun hitting the area (the area is far from a window). There is no water leak (I checked my meter, and it does not move unless I have water running from a faucet). Any ideas? Thanks,
--
Ross Payne

stevie wrote:

One way is to drill small holes in the grout lines and use a moisture meter with long probes to check the moisture level around that area.