Universal Wrench

Does anyone out there know where I can get a set of these Wrenches? I have no idea of what they are called other than universal wrench.
I have attached a link to my photo.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3550/3352046608_6ca1f2b4ee_m.jpg
I got the one pictured one on E-bay about 5 years ago. I looked through the McMaster-Carr catalog but could find nothing close. The one shown is made by SONIC and is 7/8"-11/4".
Norm
NSN wrote:

... Always hated 'em, but I think Craftsman has at had them on occasion in at least smaller sizes--don't know about how large.
Seen them in other catalogs off and on; specific doesn't come to mind. Tried Northern Tool and/or Harbor Freight for the cheap route?
Specific name I'm also at loss for other than knuckle-buster... :)
On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 11:25:44 -0700, against all advice, something

My second ex-wife had a pair of those. They suck donkey balls. Why would you want them?
--

Real men don\'t text.

The ex-wifes or the wrenches?
On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 11:48:59 -0700 (PDT), Limp Arbor

Could you elaborate about the pair your ex-wife had?

Question is, did she become ex as soon as you found out she had donkey balls?

Don't know why you would want one.
I have one that I keep in my collection of worthless tools (right next to the post hole digger)
This appears only slightly less worthless
http://www.thetoolwarehouse.net/shop/media/INN-7901MTX.jpg
NSN wrote:

I recall seeing them in the $2.00 tool bin at just about every supply house in town.
TDD

There is a reason they don't have them at McMaster-Carr, it's because they are junk. If you just want one wrench for many size bolts, get a Crescent adjustable wrench at Home Depot. If you need better wrenches, get a set of combination wrenches at Sears or wherever.
Ken
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Agreed, and I won't even use a Crescent for anything that takes more than a few pounds pull to loosen, other than maybe a square furniture bolt or nut, gas valve, cleanout plug, or similar. Most are so sloppy that roundoff is a real risk. Never had any luck with any of the various flavors of universal wrenches over the years. The TV commercials never show them being used on old nasty, rusty, rounded, greasy bolts, for a reason.
-- aem sends...
aemeijers wrote:

For pipe plugs, I still prefer an 8-point socket.
Hey, maybe that's what I should use up all those Sears gift cards on... I don't actually own any.
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Nate Nagel wrote:

Wow, Sears' web site is a festering piece of shit. So is S-K tools.
but I found a set of five 8-point sockets (oddly, Craftsman brand) on fleaBay for under $10 with shipping. Happy birthday to me.
Still need to find something to buy at Sears with all those gift cards. Maybe I should just save up and buy an air compressor (do they still sell Ingersoll-Rand at Sears?)
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

I was given a pair and they were pretty useless. The one exception seems to be using it to work on my bicycles. Its the main tool in by bike toolbag.
Jimmie

I have two in a tool box, tried them once or twice, they are still there unused 25 years later. There is better stuff out there, Craftsman - sears has better options.

I think I have one, and I think I got it at JCWhitney . That's where I used to buy cheap tools, especially when they had sales. I too didn't get any use out of it, because the the layers are thick enough, and stacked on top of each other, that there wasn't room for two opposing jaws on one bolt head.
But you obviously have reason to like them, so try JCWhitney.com or their print catalog.
NSN wrote:

YEAH! what Steve Daniels said.....
Like the other fellow says, I see them in junk bins at the stores. Wonder if they come in English and Metric?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus