Uninstalling/installing Well Tank (bladder type) Well-X-Troll

Need to replace a T'd in tank in house garage closet..Is on its stand with pipe running into hole in stand. Can't see underneath. Outside tank at T looks like pipe screwed in. How do you access under tank and disconnect the tank to be replaced after emptying tank? Is about 25 years old. Probably around size of WX200-250. Any help on disconnecting pipe would be appreciated. Is there a trick in getting in there or what?
stevel wrote:

I'll reply to what I think you are asking. If it is like mine, underneath there is just a 90 degree L welded to the tank. Can you not get a pipe wrench on the pipe? Once empty it should be manageable to roll it out and lay it down to really put the wrenches to it.
Eric in North TX wrote:

I think he's looking to disconnect the tank without taking apart the connections to the T with the pressure switch and whatnot. As far as I know the only way to do that would be to cut the pipe next to the tank, remove the stub from the T and then replace the tank using a union to allow reconnection.
Pete C.
Thank You.... yes can get a wrench on it but was worried what was underneath tank. Got a mirror under and saw just a 90 degree elbow and screwed in pipe. Now question is will it turn out after so many years without access underneath. Guess will have to find out what to cut pipe with...... Eric in North TX wrote:

Sazall with a metal cutting blade makes light work of it.
Eric in North TX wrote:

Or just a regular hacksaw with about a 28 tpi blade. Everything doesn't require a power tool.
Harry K