Uninstalling/installing Well Tank (bladder type) Well-X-Troll

Need to replace a T'd in tank in house garage closet..Is on its stand with pipe running into hole in stand. Can't see underneath. Outside tank at T looks like pipe screwed in. How do you access under tank and disconnect the tank to be replaced after emptying tank? Is about 25 years old. Probably around size of WX200-250. Any help on disconnecting pipe would be appreciated. Is there a trick in getting in there or what?

Reply to
stevel

I'll reply to what I think you are asking. If it is like mine, underneath there is just a 90 degree L welded to the tank. Can you not get a pipe wrench on the pipe? Once empty it should be manageable to roll it out and lay it down to really put the wrenches to it.

Reply to
Eric in North TX

I think he's looking to disconnect the tank without taking apart the connections to the T with the pressure switch and whatnot. As far as I know the only way to do that would be to cut the pipe next to the tank, remove the stub from the T and then replace the tank using a union to allow reconnection.

Pete C.

Reply to
Pete C.

Reply to
stevel

Sazall with a metal cutting blade makes light work of it.

Reply to
Eric in North TX

Or just a regular hacksaw with about a 28 tpi blade. Everything doesn't require a power tool.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K