Undermount sink instalaltion

What's the typical distance between front edge of the double undermount sink and the edge of the cabinet (not the cabinet top)?

You're going to want it as close as possible, bearing in mind that you will have to fit the flange of the undermount sink, plus another inch or so for the mounting clips. I try to keep go no more than 4 inches from the edge of the countertop - so, allowing a 1.5" countertop overhang, .75" for the face frame would put the sink about 1.75" from the front inside edge of the cabinet.

I don't think there is a certain measurement, You just have to place were it fits and looks good. If you have a standard 24" lower cabinet there is not a whole lot of room anyway. If you are tiling the sink in you edge tile and bull nose might dictate the placement. If it's Granite the installers will fit it. Most I've installed are pretty close to inside edge of the cabinet.