Underground Sprinkler Shut-Off Valve

In order for me to turn my underground sprinkler on in the spring, and off in the fall, I have to go underneath the crawl space of my house.
Would it be wise to have a plumber run a longer pipe underneath the house, and outside, and install a turn-off valve on the outside of my house?
Then, it would be like a regular water faucet and I would simply turn it off/on outside, rather than crawl underneath the house.
Right now it is not a big deal, but I am thinking in a few years I may be too old to be crawing underneath the house for this task.
One major concern is the possibility of frozen pipes. Right now, I have no worries.
Suggestions/thoughts please.
Thanks.
Corinne
I turn mine on/off with a standard outdoor faucet.
I would hate to get under the house to turn it on/off.
--

Brian Dye