Underground electrical lines

I want to grow a large Hibiscus hedge about 6' in front of my back yard fence.
My concern is the city has buried electrical lines just in front of this fence.
Does anyone know if the roots from large shrubs could do any damage to these buried lines?
Thanks

I would call your city and ask.
I assume the plants will be small when planted? Thats good you really want to avoid digging around live power lines.
Locally one call will mark the lines location to avoid issues

Great, another easement question. According to HeyBub, you could dig, plant the shrubs, claim insanity & blame the nursery for not telling you.