Underground elec wire and concrete

I'm having a side parking area created and I need to get power run out from the garage to an area I'm planning to put in a yard light. I'm wondering if I could just lay my underground romex in the area excavated for the concrete, just before they pour? The wire would be embedded in the concrete.
Thanks
ok wrote:

UF cable wiring is permitted for surface and concealed wiring in buildings, and for direct burial in the earth. It may not be embedded in poured concrete.
How about a small PVC conduit?
ok wrote:

Regardless, I would go with a conduit. It something happens or you change you mind, you should be able to change the wiring.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Direct encasement of cable in concrete is not permitted under code (except under inspector-pre-approval). Under our code, I think you'd have to go to full burial depth (24" _minimum_ under "vehicle paths") _underneath_ the concrete.
Conduit is a better idea.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est
I'd use PVC conduit under, or in the concrete and pull through it. However in Texas, with a $20 bill in the entrance panel you can get a green tag on romex buried 6" deep in black gumbo.