Underground Conduit

I'm running 1 1/2" underground gray colored rigid nonmetallic conduit to supply a subpanel for a workshop. My question is do I use pvc glue like you would for pvc piping to join the sections ???
Do I use the glue in the bell sections as well where I would need couplings ??
Thanks, Ray

Yes.
Yes.
On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 09:14:39 -0600, "Ray"

glue (solvent) to join wherever needed.
Paul
I use a grey pvc cement. It is basically the same chemical solvent soup as pvc cement for plumbing fittings, but instead of being transparent is an opaque grey, supposedly from dissolved solids - bits of grey pvc plastic.
Why do I use this instead of plumbing pvc glue? Because the electrical inspector told me to.
Glue everything and let it sit overnight unless you want leaks. Also: XHHW cable is better than THHN or THHW for service in the damp environ that is underground conduit. Unless you seal the above-ground entrances to the conduit moisture will condense out of the air that diffuses into the cooler underground conduit.
On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 09:14:39 -0600, "Ray"

Thanks to all who replied..... Ray