underground cistern

I've heard of other cases very similar here in Colorado. Unfortunately, Colorado water rights are a serious matter, as Colorado is only one of two states where water only flows out of state. I live in a suburb of Denver, and the city has an ordinance that homeowners can not collect rain water.
Robin
And here in Ohio we get credits on our sewer bill if we install rain barrels and plant swales to catch the rain water so it soaks into the ground rather than running into the storm drains.
Tomsic
On 4/23/2012 5:29 PM, Tomsic wrote:

I could swear I read something about a government agency somewhere that went after folks for catching rain water claiming they were stealing government property. o_O
TDD

Wasn't the government but one of the western states Indian tribes who appariently had the water rights to all rain that fell on the land.