under the sink

Hi everyone. ok I have leak under sink i have replaced valves (copper i sweated on, replaced seals to out going pipes , but it seems its leaking from the wall a little to the right side of sink i have call for locator'185.00 bucks he well be here in two days. is there any thing else i can do? diy selfer

Reply to
Trek

Are there pipes or fixtures above the spot where you see it leaking from the wall? I would check them all wherever you can acces the pipe. We just had our water heater replace - at first thought it was the dishwasher because I kept finding puddles at the front of the diswasher. The w.h. was leaking and running beneath the kitchen cabinet about 8' away along the same wall.

Reply to
Norminn

no theres nothing else there

Reply to
Trek

Does the sink have a single handle faucet? If yes, here's something to look at. My kitchen sink's American Standard faucet developed a leak within the base, right below where the neck swivels back & forth. For some reason, it didn't drip directly down through the hole in the counter. Instead, it came out near the corner of the sink. I initially assumed it was just splashed water, and that the seal was worn out between the sink and the counter. Checked with a level and found that the whole counter's very slightly tilted toward the leak.

Sorry if this adds another level of mystery. :)

Reply to
Doug Kanter

thanks for the help but at this point it seems the 185.00 is worth it lol. i well let everybody now that happens Trek

Reply to
Trek