Under sink water filters

Did you hook up with that pool plasterer?
(Not "hook up" in the current text message sense, but you know what I mean.........) And even if you did, I'm not interested in your private things. Oooo bad choice of words. ;-)
Steve
On Thu, 8 Jul 2010 12:32:18 -0700, "Steve B"

I found B N D Plastering in Herdersen and called them. They don't like to give estimates over the phone. Sally did say between 3,000 and 7,000 dollars. I'm sure it would be at the low end for 10,000 gallon pool. If this is the same company you used, $3200 for 30,000 gallon pool is a _good_ deal.
I can live with the small damage I have awhile longer. I want to replace the HVAC first and get the tax credits. My unit is over 12 years old.
Oren wrote:

most modern water supplies don't use chlorine. they use chloramine, which does not dissipate.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chloramine

Years ago I did alot of research and settled on Everpure , Our military, a few airlines, a few fast food chains use them. They are quality metal brackets with long life cartriges of various types that remove easily and dont leak, mine is maybe 15 yrs old. I think my last cartrige was replaced in 07. Of all the units I looked at the 200 and 300 model removed more things and at a higher percentage than others I looked into. I had RO and junked it since its overkill for my city water and it wasted about 1.5 gal for every gallon made, so it was a pain in the ass when I needed alot of water and it was always wasting water. RO is good for crapy water but the filters are even more expensive and dont last as long as Everpures system. To know if you need RO or just a good single stage you need a test done, but if its city water a single stage should be all you need and keep you healthy. You city water dept should be of help

All I use is a standard filter housing for the 10" cartridges and use the carbon filters. If you have basement under the kitchen, install the filter there as it is easier to work and to access.
Our town water has a swampy taste to it. The carbon filters work very well, easier and cheaper than RO. Every home store carries them.
On Thu 08 Jul 2010 08:09:00p, Ed Pawlowski told us...

I didn't need an RO system, but I did put in a 3 cartridge unit under the sink. One is carbon, another is for sediment as we seem to get a bit of grit or sand in our water, and the third is for some kind of microscopic critters I was told were often found in our water.

I installed a similar filter housing in my kitchen approximately 15 years ago. Many different filter cartridges are readily available and the last time I bought several, they were $11 each; some are good to 0.5 microns. Most are rated to last 6 months or 3000 gallons. The reduction in flow rate is noticeable, but tolerable. It works very well at removing the chlorine/chloramine smell and taste from the city water.

I installed a similar filter housing in my kitchen approximately 15 years ago. Many different filter cartridges are readily available and the last time I bought several, they were $11 each; some are good to 0.5 microns. Most are rated to last 6 months or 3000 gallons. The reduction in flow rate is noticeable, but tolerable. It works very well at removing the chlorine/chloramine smell and taste from the city water.
Steve B wrote:

I installed one with RO based. Two filters before and two more after. Last stage is UV tube. Maybe over kill but while I am at it and cost difference is not a big deal, why not?
Steve B wrote:

from the ceiling. Much easier to maintain and change filters in the basement. RO filters work great and water tastes good when chilled.
--
LSMFT