Under sink leak

I recently noticed a leak between garbage disposer discharge tube and P-trap drain. I loosened the nut, applied plumber tape and tightened the nut, but the discharge tube popped out of P-trap drain. May be I overtighted it. Can someone please suggest a fix? Thanks

-Dilbagh

Reply to
dilbagh.chahal

Tape is no good for this application. Replace the sealing washer (inside the nut) and/or use just a small amount of silicone sealant (caulk) on the washer. That will help hold it in place even under the vibration of the motor.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim