Under cabinet light starter

I have a small undercabinet flourscent fixture with what appears to be a removable starter. In fact, with a magnifying glass you can clearly see the arrow and the word "Remove" right on the starter. I've replaced plenty of starters in my day but this one doesn't budge. On both sides of the starter there is a spring clip stuck out. I've tried pushing them in with screwdrivers and needle nose pliars but the starter still doesn't budge. Any suggestion besides hitting the fixture with a hammer?
Art wrote:

Hi, Tried twisting one way or the other? Tony

Yep..... every which way. Tried pushing in and pulling out while twisting. Tried pushing in these spring steel tabs which are on both sides of the starter. No luck.

If it is the same as the fixture under my cabinet, it is cheaper to replace the entire fixture that the bulb and probably the starter. go ahead and hit it with a hammer. Does it have the plastic shield over the bulb? If so, it is probably getting yellow and a new one will be brighter. IIRC. I paid less than $8
I finally got the starter out. Turns out the contacts (feet) were bent a bit. I bought a replacement and discovered that the holder it went into did not hold the starter securely. By the way the spring steel I saw were just part of the assembly for the retainer that holds the starter. In any case, my guess is the electrician who wired my house discovered that the fixture was defective and instead of returning it for a replacement he bent the starter feet so it would fit in fairly securely. I did the same with the new starter but next time I probably will buy a new fixture for under the cabinet.