Under Cabinet Fluorescent Light diffuser (cover)

After replacing my under cabinet flourescent tubes, I cracked the diffuser (plastic cover) when trying to snap it into place. I called Home Depot but they do not have a separate replacement part. I searched the net but could not find the acrylic diffuser sold separately. Do I have to buy a whole new fixture just to get the diffuser (cover)? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
                             _________________________ Message sent through http://www.BetterHomePortal.com
bobhaztin wrote:

Is it flat? if so, you can get 2'x4' diffuser panels in several patterns at your favorite electrical supply or home repair emporium (for lay in for ceiling grid or replacements for troffers.) Score and snap with a utility knife to cut to fit, similar to cutting glass.
good luck
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

The above. Plus, even if they sold parts, the part would likely cost almost as much as that kind of new flourscent fixture, which doesn't cost all that much. Assuming the whole fixture is available and the cover is the one you need, I'd just be happy that I could buy the whole thing and use the cover.

I take mine off, they all go yellow anyway, or try glue

This is a perfect time to plan a trip to China.

Almost certainly. Especially if you want the cover to match other similar fixtures.
bobhaztin wrote:

Flat 2x4 sheets are available at HD or Lowes in quite a few styles.
snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net wrote the following:

Under cabinet fluorescent lights are not flat, they are usually one tube and with a formed plastic diffuser .
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
willshak wrote:

Sometimes... I have seen ones like you describe, but I have also seen ones with flat diffusers that look for all the world like the exact same stuff that is used in a ceiling troffer
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Great , another spam site using info stolen here....Competition for the Sucko company....
bobhaztin wrote the following:

Glue. Plastic or AC.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Isn;t there some ID somewhere on the fixture??