Unbreakable pipe (freeze proof)

The details of where or why are irrelevant. I could be in need of tubing or piping that will not break when standing water was left in it for use on the moon. It wouldn't make any difference. I still need the pipe, and that is all that I was asking for.

Reply to
tnom

Not necessarily. "Right answer to the wrong question."

An open-ended Sch 40 or above steel pipe isn't going to split (ultimate burst pressure is roughly 8000 psi), but it still isn't necessarily the solution to the problem as described. The pressure will relieved along the length before it actually splits.

I don't have data for solid-wall PVC handy, but I'd be pretty confident large diameter Sch 40 won't either, and quite comfortable w/ Sch 80. But, still doesn't sound like it's the way to get rid of your problem.

Would seem far better to either divert the water from above around the property or if that's not possible/practical, provide adequate grade for the runoff or an open drainage system of some sort (not necessarily not covered, just not solid pipe subject to the freezing problems).

Seems as though you're fixated on the pipe and not willing to consider alternatives nor providing sufficient data/information to elicit really useful responses other than conjectures of what the situation _might_ be.

Saw an episode on "Ask TOH" just a few weeks ago of very similar nature on an buried drain---solution again had little specifically to do with the drain itself but I could easily envision that homeowner asking essentially the same question that wouldn't have elicited the response to come and look at the actual problem and get a fix.

Reply to
dpb

I have no power to advise a neighbor on how to do the job correctly. That advise would range from no underground plumbing at all to an elaborate expensive re-engineering/re-installation job.That type of advice can only be given by a judge if it goes that far.

The only thing I can do is see if there is an alternative unbreakable pipe that can simply replace the existing broken one. I might be able to convince the neighbor to do this simple inexpensive job. Even though doing this is a jimmy rigged solution to a faulty design it still satisfies my problem of an artificial bogg forming in my back yard.

Reply to
tnom

Silverwing's laws, #37.

Goedjn

Reply to
BobK207

I don't care about drainage. That's his problem. If his property doesn't drain it won't affect me. I only care that his drainage pipe won't rupture and affect me. So the details of his drain are irrelevant.

Reply to
tnom

Reply to
BobK207

You are the one that can't comprehend what I am saying so I'll spell it out for you.

His natural drainage without underground piping or with a plugged line or with undersized piping will not effect me. My property can handle the water when it's spread out in a natural way. I can only be effected by his water if the pipe he runs ALL of the water through breaks because it is close to my property line and I am downhill from him.

If you can't understand that then........

"I wish you good luck, you're going to need it."

Reply to
tnom

Be sure & let us know how this all works out. I can't wait. :)

cheers Bob

Reply to
BobK207

So, he has installed a system that negatively affects you. Sue him.

Reply to
Noozer

That may be the outcome.

Reply to
tnom

Thank you for your help but at this time your recommendations are not needed.

Reply to
tnom

swimming pools in buffalo ny not permitted to backwash onto neighbor's lawn. maybe your local building inspector is your best local advisor on this assorted drainage problem. if mosquitoes can breed in any standing water other health problems occur. [west nile virus, popping up in ny state] refer to cdc website for your local risk on that.

snipped-for-privacy@mucks.net wrote:

Reply to
buffalobill

I have the TWP's building supervisor involved also. I am taking a multi path approach to getting this solved. The one path I haven't looked into is notifying the DNR (dept of Natural Resources). Unknowingly my neighbor is putting his pool waste, downspout, backyard runoff and sump pump waste into the ground water supply/water table. We all use wells around here and my guess is the DNR would have the biggest beef about what is occurring.

Reply to
tnom