Unable to break thread on toilet water supply valve

Page 2 of 2
Amazing what an old chrome dome like me can accomplish with a little planning. I went out to mow the lawn today. An old mower, with no power drive. Take it slow, and have a glass of water on the front step so I can take a drink each time I pass the front door.
Couple of years ago, my wholesale house moved adress. They put out the word for volunteer help, to load and unload the truck. Myself and a dozen or so fellows arrived. I got to chatting with a senior citizen. We were carrying 30 pound bottles of refrigerant (one in each hand) off the truck long after the young pups had all gone for burgers and soda.
I just can't figure out why business hire young inexperienced kids when there are so many good workers available.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.
On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 12:41:45 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

First guess is someone used a heavy dose of pipe dope. Heat the fitting while keeping a wet rag on the pipe. Remove the torch and hit it with some penetrating oil. Reheat as above then try again while the fitting is still hot.