U.T. knives..

Why can't they make a Utility knife that doesn't bind and jam? Seems that every knife I buy no matter how expensive sooner or later quits sliding freely....mostly sooner.

Reply to
Ivan

I don't care for retracting blade utility knives. Too much slop and more likelihood of injury

I use the simple, classic, fixed blade Stanley no199. Ok, the blade is always exposed but there's ways to deal with that. To me, the solid precise feel is worth it.

YMMV

Lenny

Reply to
Leonardo

Recently ( the last year or two) the Big box stores have started carrying a utility knife that folds like a pocket knife. I am hooked on it. Blades fit solidly and the thing folds up for safety. what more could you ask?...............Yep, the blade opens with a locking open position too..........like a buck knife that holds utility blades.

I know there'll be some other question asked too. so I will try to stop inquiry on just one more.

The knife I bought will accept only the standard blade type. the one with three notches on the dull side, and two angled ends...........at least that's how it appears to be built. I might could fit one or two other types, like the roofers "hooked blade" or something else though.

Good luck findong a solution, as this is only one of many.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

MUADIB®

I bought one of those, even though I don't regularly do that kind of work anymore- Just because it looked so cool! Mine carries the brand name of Husky and you could drive a truck over it- Good metal and nice workmanship-

Dan

Reply to
Dan

I think I've seen that knife. I'll check it out. Thanks for the review Ivan

Reply to
Ivan

Leonardo, I agree about the fixed blade. Carried a 199 for years, fits in the tool belt well. I have changed over to a Hyde/Dexter knife and really prefer it. You might try one. Here is a picture:

DanG