Tyvek And T1-11 Siding Question

Hi,
In the Spring, will be having new horiz. clapboard put up. Live in New England.
Presently, the house has T1-11 siding.
The contractor suggests putting the new horiz. clapboards right over the existing T1-11, which he will not take off, and also to have a layer of Tyvek between.
Two questions, please.
a. The T1-11, except for some holes, etc. is still pretty flat and in sort of "decent" shape.
Any caveats to putting the new siding directly over the T1-11 ? Anything to worry about if done this way, etc. ?
b. Was thinking a bit about the Tyvek.
Is this a good idea to have between the T1-11 and the new stuff ? Any chance of rot developing on the existing T1-11 by now having Tyvek over it ?
Anything I should also consider asking him, or worrying about, with this approach that I am not thinking of, perhaps ?
Any thoughts on all of this would be most appreciated.
Thanks, B.
tyvek descriptive answer at: http://www2.dupont.com/Tyvek_Construction/en_US /
Robert11 wrote:

Robert11 wrote:

I don't think there is any problem putting tyveck over t-111. in this case think of the t-111 is functioning as the sheathing.
I would worry about keeping water out of the doors and windows. He should have a piece of drip flashing tucked behind the tyveck and directing water out over the window trim or brickmold of whatever.