Types of Patio Covers?

I'm tearing down the old one next weekend. Once it's all down and cleared out, I would like to put another one up, only this time the *right* way. I would like to know what kind of cover the folks here like or don't like.
Old one was put up using the Joe Homeowner before I moved here. Rain comes off the roof, hits the cover and originally ran back under the eaves against the wall. I was able to put up some flashing, gutter, etc, to drain away from the patio.
Anyway, that's an old sob story. Now I wondered what kind of patio covers people have that they like.
This is the style I've got, only mine is simpler and has 4 posts instead of 2. I like the spaced 2x2's on the top - gives enough sun and when the sun sets (would be to the left on this photo), it shades the sliding door.
http://www.southerncaliforniapatios.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/ph oto_1.34131243_large.JPG
On Wed, 12 Oct 2016 19:51:54 -0700, "Snuffy \"Hub Cap\" McKinney"

This is what we do down in Florida
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/Redneck%20roofing.jpg

*right* way. I would like to know what kind of cover the folks here like or don't like.

eaves against the wall. I was able to put up some flashing, gutter, etc, to drain away from the patio.

when the sun sets (would be to the left on this photo), it shades the sliding door.

That's great! I've got an 8x10 shed back in one corner of the yard, behind some bushes with a recliner in it. Lovely wife wanted to know why I didn't put closer to the house. Nyuk nyuk nyuk....
On Wed, 12 Oct 2016 19:51:54 -0700, "Snuffy \"Hub Cap\" McKinney"

I put in a large flagstone patio and covered it with triangular shade sails.

*right* way. I would like to know what kind of cover the folks here like or don't like.

eaves against the wall. I was able to put up some flashing, gutter, etc, to drain away from the patio.

when the sun sets (would be to the left on this photo), it shades the sliding door.

This is almost exactly like the existing cover except mine is all 2x2's spaced apart - no solid cover pieces. Only bad part about this one was repainting the 2x2's and water pooling on top of all the flat surfaces. http://www.southwest-builders.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/arbors-patio -covers-okc.jpg
Lovely wife is thinking more of something enclosed like this...
http://wtech2000.com/patior1.jpg
On Thu, 13 Oct 2016 07:22:29 -0700, "Snuffy \"Hub Cap\" McKinney"

You might have misunderstood what I was talking about, these are the type of shade sails I am talking about:
http://bit.ly/2dNhxc3
Reads as if your wife wants an enclosure, not just a cover.

*right* way. I would like to know what kind of cover the folks here like or don't like.

the eaves against the wall. I was able to put up some flashing, gutter, etc, to drain away from the patio.

when the sun sets (would be to the left on this photo), it shades the sliding door.

one was repainting the 2x2's and water pooling on top of all the flat surfaces.

Thanks - have never seen those before.