type of copper to use to repipe house

I've not done a survey. I have seen many jobs where the pipes were not reamed and problems developed later on with valves and other fittings when chunks came loose.

Reply to
basil

and

No, I did not miss that particular information that you posted recently. But I also considered the possibility that I had missed other information not posted by you, or that you had something new to add. Thus I gave you the chance to post it in _this_ discussion so that it may be addressed here and now. Since you choose to stand only on the information you posted earlier, I must assume that's all there is, and I address it below.

sc-hizophrenia to

That webpage is to promote sales of a book self-published by "Dr." Hulda Regehr Clark. From

"New Century Press was established in 1997. Dr. Hulda Clark purchased this company to publish her books."

Researchers who follow acepted scientific method have little problem getting their works published in peer-reviewed journals or respected "traditional" book form -- indeed they are often invited to contribute chapters to new volumes -- and seldom resort to self-publication. Hulda Clark however has been discredited in several ways not the least of which are her arrest for practicing medicine without a license and a judgment by the FTC for false claims that her "Syncrometer" and "Zapper" can detect and cure cancer:

Now, let's address the links you posted in earlier threads:

The above have no mention of copper relating to cancer. However in the above you will find that "Copper is an essential trace element for humans. It is estimated that adult requirements are about 2-3 mg per person per day." and " It has been estimated that drinking water contributes approximately 11% of an adult's total daily intake of copper, with the rest coming from food."

The above also have no mention of copper relating to cancer. Lead leached from solder is mentioned as a risk associated with copper pipes, but it is also noted that lead solder has been banned and steps can be taken (e.g. flushing) to minimize the risk where pipes were installed before the ban.

"This regulation is known as the Lead and Copper Rule (also referred to as the LCR or 1991 Rule). The rule aimed to minimize lead and copper in drinking water, primarily by reducing water corrosivity."

"Background on the Lead and Copper Rule // The LCR has four main functions: (1) require water suppliers to optimize their treatment system to control corrosion in customers' plumbing; (2) determine tap water levels of lead and copper for customers who have lead service lines or lead-based solder in their plumbing system; (3) rule out the source water as a source of significant lead levels; and, (4) if action levels are exceeded, require the suppliers to educate their customers about lead and suggest actions they can take to reduce their exposure to lead through public notices and public education programs."

controlling lead, the more "deadly" of the two. Health effects of lead exposure are noted. The only thing I could find about health effects of copper exposure were in the training materials slide show: "Stomach and intestinal distress / Complications of Wilson's Disease / Chronic exposure can cause liver disease in genetically predisposed individuals". There is no mention of copper relating to cancer.

Dead link.

So to summarize, you claim copper pipes cause cancer. I post links from credible sources that refute your claim. You refer to a layperson discussion board that cannot be construed by any reasonable person as an endorsement of your claim; in fact it speaks against it. You refer to links you posted earlier, none of which mention a link between copper pipes and cancer, with the one exception of a discredited source.

Have you any to add?

%mod%

P=2ES. I was curious about Hulda Clark's fraudulent claim that her "Syncrometer" can detect, among other things, cancer, lead poisoning and AIDS in the human body. I obtained a schematic of that device and immediately recognized it as a simple LCR oscillator circuit identical to the type I built with my son and his Radioshack "150-in-1" electronic kit about 30 years ago. There were variations on that basic circuit to make different sounds, like a cat's meow, as well as one in which the human body was inserted in the signal path. The latter could be used as a crude "lie detector" because galvanic skin resistance bears some correlation to the sweating associated with lying. While researching H. Clark's "qualifications" I was reminded how this circuit was titled "the electro-sonic human," for Clark herself is on record crediting the Radioshack kit as the basis for the Syncrometer, and in her self-published "Syncrometer(R) Science Laboratory Manual" she states that the circuit can be made by a novice with the very kit! The idea of a kid's electronic project kit being a replacement for time-tested, clinically-proven laboratory tests and scientific instrumentation should be laughable to any right thinking person.

Reply to
modervador

therefore

Yes, it's already well known that chocolate poisons dogs, but this dog died from cancer, therefore chocolate also causes cancer.

Reply to
modervador

I suppose next you will be telling us that can lights don't leak cancer.

Reply to
Matt