type of copper to use to repipe house

Page 3 of 3
Thanks to all who replied. I think I'm going with type I copper.
John, your advise was very useful and I appreciate the time you took to respond. All my piping is copper, so the iron pipe isn't an issue. I do intend to have the stops that have not yet been replaced, replaced with steel-braided risers as well as bringing the plumbing up to code. One of the plumbers who will be giving me a bid also motioned standpipes to reduce water hammer.
Effi, code in this area doesn't allow PVC, but thanks for your advise. Ron

I think you mistyped...meaning "L". I never use "M." Best of luck to you.

I did mean type L Thanks

The 'L' grade is thicker than the 'M' grade Main advantage of M is less cost, though for most applications it will be fine.
--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland