type of chalking needed ?

I noticed this the other day when the oil boiler was running. Looks like it needs re-chalking -

(the exhaust pipe from the oil burner to the chimney area)

The previous owners were the ones that did it initially. Was just wondering what specific chalking is needed here...and is a certain brand recommended ?

thanks much

Reply to
mike

That would be "caulk"

Reply to
dpb

Rutland furnace cement.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

Any furnace "CAULKING" should be satisfactory.

Reply to
hrhofmann

Yea, just like the painter yelled down from the ladder to the pretty lady walking by. "Hey lady, do you wanna see my Caulk".

Reply to
jw

I took a picture of it.

What do I need to get from home depot to re-chalk this ? the material is hard, so i'm guessing it's not regular chalk.

picture is of the oil burner exhaust vent connecting to the chimney.

any help is much appreciated.

Reply to
mike

Chalk is hard. Caulk is not.

Furnace cement will do the job though. Available in cans ready to use.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Furnace cement yes. Asbestos, I don't think so. Didn't they stop using asbestos in that cement just like in just about everything else?

Reply to
trader4