Tying laundry tub to cleanout

I want to put a laundry tub in my basement. I have a clean-out in the floor about 10 feet from the waste stack. My idea is to tie the laundry tub drain line into the the clean-out.

I have a couple of questions before I move forward with my plan -

  1. Would I need to run a vent line for the laundry tub?
  2. Should I be concerned about sewer gas backing up into the basement, via the laundry tub drain?
  3. I have a washing machine already installed in the basement, will I need to worry about the laundry tub getting backed up with the washer discharge?

I did consider tying the laundry tub into the the wash drain, but the washer drain is about 4 feet from the floor.

Thanks -

Dave

Reply to
dave

Absolutely. And a trap for the tub. You *might* be able to get away with a mechanical (Studor) vent. Check with your inspector first. Give thought to extending the opening to add another cleanout for the day you need it.

Not if it is properly trapped and vented.

Can't say for sure not knowing the layout, but probably not.

Can be done with a small sump pump designed just for this; still needs a vent. Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim