Two Questions About Drill Bits

I have 2 questions about drill bits. 1. What type of electric drill bit would I use for plaster walls in a house (specifically to hang window blinds)? 2. I do not have cases for my bits (long story) and I am not very familiar with the various types. Is there a WEB site that I can visit that shows diagrams of the various types of bits that would help me organize them?
Thank you in advance.

Try here:
http://tinyurl.com/84ztv6
then here for wall anchors:
http://tinyurl.com/7m6uuy

I, with 23 years experience doing this, find it cheaper to use a #6 1/2" hex head screw to penetrate the hard coat and then I just run the regular hex head into the plaster and lathe. Usually 1 screw will cut through h3-4 holes before I throw it away. There is also less mess than using a drill bit.
If a bit is your choice you need a masonry bit but not a hammer drill. After the first 1/8" (or less) the plaster is fairly soft.
Your installation screws need to be at least 1.50" long to hit the lathe.
--
Colbyt
On Tue, 23 Dec 2008 12:03:25 -0800 (PST), allanc

I believe plaster is very effective at dulling bits. That's why I would use something from my set of 10 that I bought for 69 cents.

You could go to Home Depot etc. and look at many types, in 3-D.