two qestions about painting catedral ceiling

Well after months and years of procrastination i cannot deley the BIG Project without facing grave consequencies. To start up we have to paing the living room , with sloped rook and 16 ft hight catedral ceiling. Can this be done with a looong extending pole or shall i rent and built the scaffolding? will any of the pawer rollers be convinient? The other question is abotu painting the uneven surface the ceiling is covered with those small buble like curd like white stuff i heard i need a coat of shellac to prevent them from being washed out with new paint is it true? thanks a lot for any experiences / advices

Reply to
Pawel

"Pawel" wrote in news:drmkg6$ipt$ snipped-for-privacy@news.wss.yale.edu:

Any type of liquid will make the popcorn ceiling (small bubble like curd) fall off in clumps. IMO scaffolding would probably work best. Most extending poles are not going to be long enough to do a 16ft ceiling (and you won't have much control with a pole that long anyway).

Reply to
Pick

Did mine a few months ago. One big room 22' wide by 44' long about 16' at the centre. I used a roller on a telescoping extension, working on a full sized scaffold. I could do 1/2 the ceiling at a time, wall to peak the width of the scaffold.

Down the scaffold, move the scaffold, up the scaffold. What a drag, but mines done, I can have a beer and feel sorry for you. Na, I'll just have the beer. :)

Reply to
L d'Bonnie