Two Door Chimes

I need to upgrade my doorbell so that it can be heard in the basement. My assumption is that I will only need a larger transformer to power both chimes, and to wire the new chime in the basement.

Do I need to be concerned with any other issues?

Thanks In Advance

Reply to
Gregory Bruno

Not really. Just install a larger transformer and ake sure the voltage requirements are the same for both chimes.

While you're at it, an extra button upstairs connected to the "1 ding only" (rear or side door terminal) of the downstairs chime makes for a good in-house signal system, it could mean "I'm not calling you again, dinner is ready" or "I already answered the door someone is on the way down to see you."

Reply to
HA HA Budys Here

Good idea! (that use of the single ringer!) Another word of caution - I wasn't thinking when I bought a simple old-fashioned buzzer kind of doorbell for my 'remote'. Problem is, it only rings as long as the person holds the button. Most DB's are the "ding dong" with the "ding" happening when the circuit is closed (i.e. button pushed) and the "dong" coming when the circuit opens (button released). Most people don't hold the button for long, so I'm lucky if I get a noticeable Buzz out of my buzzer at all.

Reply to
mwlogs

Reply to
nospambob

blah... suckful... Solutions i can think of: replace the unit small sign "Hold doorbell switch in for 1 second" Have doorbell switch trigger a small timer circuit that will close contacts for 1-2 seconds. good luck!

Reply to
Philip Lewis

I have two in my house too, and they work great. I have a three-story house and when I'm in the top floor office I can't hear the wired doorbell at all. On the second floor, if the TV is on, hearing the wired bell is problematic. But by attaching the Dimango transmitter to the existing wired chime and plugging in the two remote units, I can hear anyone at the door from anywhere in the house. My only complaint is that the company has twice changed the design on the model I was using, and when a remote burned out I had to replace the entire system, not just the remote.

Reply to
Tom Miller

Reply to
nospambob