Two ceiling fans on a single control?

Page 2 of 2

Anthony, even if you find a single control for both fans, it would not fit in your "1/2 depth" outlet box. seems you'll have to make other arrangements. Is there perhaps a 'kinder, gentler' place to put the new box (wood rather than lath)?
lee h

"IF" I could find the single control for both fans, I would be willing to relocate the box on the other side of the wall in the kitchen. This would let me use a full depth box in the living room.
We cleaned and painted the living room a few years back and it still looks nice. I hate to tear into that unless I have to.
The kitchen is still in dire need of improvement, so a patch in the wall wouldn't look out of place there. :)
Still, it seems like the only real solution is to replace the single gang box with a double or triple box.
I'm thinking a triple box which would let me use three slider controls. One for the lighting, and one for each fan. Simple generic stuff I can pick up at any home center.
Anthony
I just reread your original post and saw:
"My in-laws have two ceiling fans in their living room. Currently the lights are controlled by two separate light switches (in one box), and the fans are controlled by pull strings.""
Are the two switches in a single wide or double wide box?
lee h

Single wide box (single gang).
It's where the original light switch was before the ceiling fans were installed.
Anthony