Two bathroom doors in one bathroom

I'm trying to keep costs low as possible which makes putting a pocket door more expensive ($80 pocket hardware hardware) than a pre-hung traditional door. Traditional door knobs are less $ than pocket door latching mechanisms. The downside is that a swinging door may hit the other door if partly open in one area--is this common or ok?
Phisherman wrote:

Swing it in.
--

dadiOH
____________________________
Phisherman wrote:

Sure. In my bath, the main door will strike an open pantry door. The obvious trick is to close one before you open the other.
This can be facilitated by providing the doors with automatic door closers - just springs on the hinges will help.
HeyBub wrote:

In a friend's new place, custom designed by an architect, the entry door and the cellar door hit each other when open. To improve the situation, the guy used a style of knob such that if the two knobs hit just right they can get entangled.
After seeing that I'm much less impressed with architects than I was.
--John
J. Clarke wrote:

Chuckle. An ADA stamp is no substitute for experience. My father has been designing custom houses for 50+ years, and he has a whole bunch of stories of stuff like that, that he has run into over the years. Bad traffic patterns, stuff that looks pretty but isn't practical to build, dramatic roofs that would take off like an airplane in the first windstorm, etc. And these were designs by real architects, while he was 'just' a designer.
He's 83 years old now, half-blind and crippled, and people STILL seek him out for design work. I wish I had 1/10th his design skills. I had hoped to be able to afford to build a house that he designed for me, while he was still around, but unless I hit the Lotto, doesn't look like that is gonna happen.
-- aem sends...
aemeijers wrote:

(Smacks forehead) I meant AIA stamp, of course....
J. Clarke wrote:

and architect designed?
You're going to use these doors everyday. Why have a frustrating situation everyday?
I would say hold off till you have the money, then do it right.