"Twisty" fluorescent bulbs

Be sure to close the door to the room, so the light won't escape.

Reply to
mm

The "button" is worse in terms of energy efficiency. The "button" has its own resistive losses in addition to reduction of energy efficiency of the lamp that it is applied to.

Don Klipstein

Reply to
nospambob

I have heard of lightbulbs lasting a century. Actually easy to do - run a 230V European incandescent bulb at 120V. Problem is, such longlife bulbs produce much less light for a given amout of electricity consumption than "standard" incandescents.

Don Klipstein

The process is inefficient. Don't forget that electricity has to be made.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

May be but its actually cheaper to heat with electricity where I am right now than use natural gas

Reply to
me

Hydroelectric? I seem to remember hearing about that being cheaper where available.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

I used to be. I remmber when I first moved to Seattle, a landlord saying "And the heat is all electric - so it's cheap". Those days are long behind us. The concept was totally alien to me that day.

Bob

Reply to
Bob F

And pull down all the window shades too.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Try this:

Happy Thanksgiving,

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Light doesn't exist. what you think is light is an illusion caused by not having enough darkness.

You still need to close the door. Leaving it open could allow too much darkness to enter.

Reply to
Sam E

A long time ago I did, but I contacted the Manufacturer, they wanted them back, and for my time, I got replacements and a box (postage paid) to return the old ones.

This was years ago, and I think it was GE.

later,

tom @

Tom The Great

After some thought I've decide not to try above strategy..... changing lights form CF to incandescent as season changes.

After some thought.... Iv decide there will be instances where I need some heat early in the morning.... but may not need heat at all by the afternoon such as in early spring or fall.

So a separate electric heater would be a better idea than trying to use my incandescent light bulbs as "heaters".

Agree?

Reply to
me