twisted Delta shower body

Unbelievable that there was a topic on this when I did a search, so I guess I'm not alone. Long story short, I have a single handle Delta shower faucet that was leaking. So in trying to remove the valve which would not budge, I twisted the 3 little 3/8 tubes inside the shower body. I did get the valve off and luckily when I put everything back, there were no leaks from the shower body .The only thing is now my handle is off center. Anotherwords to turn it off, you have to push down diagonally instead of straight down. My question is could I straighten the valve back by applying heat to the 3 tubes to make them bend easy? And if I had to change the shower body, how big of a hole do I need to cut out in the tile to change it? Does Delta make extra large trim plates to cover the hole?
Mikepier wrote:

Replace it. I would not trust one that had been repeatedly bent.
Yes, there is a larger "goof" plate to cover an opening.
Do you have access to the wall on the other side? Bedroom? Closet? Hallway? I'd rather chop a hole in the drywall than the tile if possible.
Jim
No unfortunately this is in a apartment bldg on the 3rd floor, and the shower body is on a brick outside wall, no access. I was thinking just leaving it alone for now. Could it last for a while like this?