TV won't stay off

I have a Mitsubishi rear-projection TV that's about 3 years old that has recently been exhibiting a strange characteristic. Every now and then, when it's shut off with the "power" button on the remote controller, the set turns off and then immediately comes back on again. Is symptom just described a sign that something is failing, or about to fail? I have an extended warranty that's still in force. Thanks for your replies! PE

Utilize the extended warrantee. If you start messing, you may lose coverage anyway.
BB

Put a fresh battery in the remote, and don't hold the power button down too long.
My 46' RCA Rear Projection (4 years old)had a similar glitch. My TV repairman suggested that I unplug it for a bit, then retry. It worked well for me. It resets the box presets.....

I'd suggest posting this message to alt.tv.tech.hdtv. I am an HDTV wannabe and I've got lots of good info there.

Use your extended warranty. That's why you purchased it right? Let the pros check it out. Good luck
Me wrote:

Hi, Or if the switch on the TV does not cause problem, you may have sticky button on the remote control. Tony