I have a very inexpensive surge protector with my digital cable box
and 19" CRT tv plugged into it. Last night, about 1 min after I turned
the tv on, it turned off and would not turn back on. I unplugged it
and plugged it back in and the same thing happened again. So I got out
a power strip and plugged it into the same wall outlet. I plugged the
tv into the power strip and the tv worked normally. What does this
mean? Is something wrong with the surge protector or the tv? The cable
box works fine plugged into the surge protector.
I don't like the idea of a whole house unit because if it goes you
will be without electricity until fixed.
It happened to a neighbor.
I had a lot of individual units fried in a voltage surge but equipment
If the light in the surge protector no longer works, it should be
One of those "el cheapo's" cost me a microwave oven.
As it turns out, it's the tv that's the problem. It's turning off when
plugged into the power strip. It doesn't turn off all the time though.
Last night it turned off twice and then it was ok. But, I can't turn
it on again until I unlug it from the power strip for several seconds
or I turn the power strip off for several seconds. Does anyone have
any ideas as to what the problem could be?
HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.