TV Speaker Recommendtaion

Page 2 of 2
On Sun, 04 Jan 2009 12:42:22 -0500, nospamplse

I would just use left over stereo speakers. There may be a recession coming.
(In my bathroom mounted on a board in the corner of the ceiling I have a woofer/tweeter combination from a 1930's record player. Connected to the tv and sounds pretty good. I've been using them for about 35 years, in my apt. in NY and my house near Baltimore._
Thanks. Tough commute. I did it for four years.
Don
mm wrote:

On Mon, 05 Jan 2009 08:13:01 -0500, nospamplse
Well, in my case it was 12 years in Brooklyn, 9 with the speakers in the bathroom, and 26 in Baltimore. You're a strong man.
I liked the speakers so much I took them with me when I left the apartment. I guess I would have had to remove them regardless, although I didn't remove the outside shelf for the air conditioner (so I wouldn't drop it from the fifth floor when I was putting it in or out (like happened in Seinfeld's apartment) or the one outside the kitchen window where I used to charcoal grill The second was only 12 inches by 16 inches. Once when I shut the window during the lighter fluid stage, I broke the window from the heat, and one time the people next door called to say perhaps the apartment was on fire. But the other 20 or 30 times it worked fine.

You plug a transmitter into the speaker jacks.

Thanks Ed!!!
Ivan Vegvary
Thanks for the valuable

Sennheiser has great sound, top rated by CR IIRC. Pricey but worth it.
Joe
Saw those today at the audiologist, and TV Ears, too. TV Ears, maybe Senheiser has the ability of picking up movie signals 95 m(k)hz(cycles,whatever), allowing you to use them at theaters, too.
Steve

I bought a pair of Sennheiser in the late 60's, at then the unheard of price of $60. They were the first earphones I had seen that didn't cup the ears and make it feel like you'd been pounded in the head by two huge clapping hands after half an hour. They had foam pads and sat on the outside of the ears, the pads being about two inches round. Listening to room sounds at the same time as recorded sounds was unique at that time. They sounded GREAT! Got separated from them somewhere over the years.
Steve

I would suggest buying a HTIB. (Home Theater In a Box)
They come with a surround sound receiver, 5 speakers and a subwoofer.
Stating price is just over $100.00. For about $225.00 you can actually get something half decent.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8796788&type=product&id=1205538061760
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8822893&type=product&id=1207352155889