Turn thermostat down or leave steady?

Whether it's an hour or a month will determine how much money you save when you turn the furnace down. If it is only an hour you might save only a penny for all I know, but you won't use as much energy.

No. You just made that up and it's nonsense. It takes less, not twice as much.

Reply to
mm

Yeah, but do you have one? His first answer assumed you did.

Reply to
mm

Are you sure. You just said that the boiler it runs 5-10 minutes every 4 to 6 hours. So if you are gone for 10 hours, the maximum that the boiler wouldn't run would be 20 minutes.) Yet now you say it would take several hours to get the house heated again. Plainly it would take 20 minutes or less to get the boiler heated to it's normal temp, instead of just pretty hot for lack of 20 minutes of heating.

I don't have a boilerIs there more to the cycle that you think would delay heating the house?

No, it's not. You just assume that it is. Or it seems like it.

Of course it takes longer to heat up. It also takes longer to cool off, so it isn't as cold as the air is when you get home.

Reply to
mm

Reply to
DD_BobK

One time I entered an old 4-floor building. Someone had just got on the elevator (there was just one) so I took the stairs. I got to the

4th floor and waited for the elevator to get there.

BTW, that reminds me of the time I went to the hospital after a friend was taken away in an ambulance. I got there first.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

The ground is supposed to be pointed toward the grave of Nikola Tesla, or at least as close as you can get.

Reply to
Harry L

The ground is always on the top. Cause if a piece of wire or metal drops behind the plug, the ground keeps it from shorting the two flat prongs.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

My heat source is a 90% downflow hot air furnace.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Was the bambulance going all out, or just routine transport?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Is that like Muslims praying toward Mecca? Need a big pointer in every town square?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I've seen some very frightened red lights.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

A very few furnaces (furnai?) are two stages. And some heat pumps have second stage "emergency heat".

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in news:hcg462 $6gi$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

Yea but if the ground is on top and orange juice spills in it, the ground will divide the water left and right just beyond the prongs (regardless of liquid volume, velocity, viscosity, wind, gravity, sunspots, etc) and effectively nothing happens. Ask MacGruber.

Reply to
Red Green

Kurt Ullman wrote in news:kurtullman- snipped-for-privacy@70-3-168-216.pools.spcsdns.net:

The just don't know that holding the button makes it skip floor stops.

Reply to
Red Green

Tony Hwang wrote in news:YdCGm.54$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe07.iad:

Assimilated Vulcans?

Reply to
Red Green

Pressing the "Door Close" and desired floor simultaneously put the elevator in "express mode"

Of course many computer games have "secret" buttons for the elevators. Some contain spiders.

Reply to
HeyBub

There's a factor you haven't considered.

If you have a programmable thermostat it doesn't apply.

But if you have a manual one, changing the setting frequently will make it wear out faster.

Never having worn one out myself, I don't have a guess at how much faster that would be.

Reply to
TimR

It was an emergency. Someone had a stroke.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Bother! What, did you take the subway or something?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon