Tumble Drier Fault (UK Model Philips AWB 681)

The motor on my drier will no longer turn the drum. There is a noise from the motor as though it is trying to turn. I got the motor out thinking it could be worn brushes but it appears to be a brushless motor. The windings show continuity. All bearings move freely. Can anyone advise how I can test such a motor. Or suggest what other component may have failed
Thanks
Chris O
Chris O wrote:

Post to this newsgroup: uk.d-i-y Helpful guys on there
Jim

Hi,
UK style dryer eh....I am unfamilier with the brand but maybe one of the UK links/places can help.... http://www.applianceaid.com/UK_appliance_links.html

Bad motor, drum support seized holding the motor from going??