Tuckpointing behind/underneath a soffit?

I was doing some minor tuckpointing (with that stuff that fits in a caulking gun from Home Depot, Canadian Tire, etc.) around my house the other day.

There is one brick that is completely loose/free at the top of one wall. The very top of the brick is behind the underside of the soffit so I can't get at the brick the way I need to in order to get some mortar underneath it and around it. The only ways that I can touch the brick puts it in danger of falling in between the brick wall and the wood frame.

If I could remove part of the soffit so I could get at the brick I'd be in business, but I don't know how to do this. It looks like whatever screws/bolts/or whatever are holding the soffit in place are under the eaves and/or shingles. But I haven't looked all that closely at it yet either.

Any thoughts, tips, advice, etc.?

Reply to
Joey Goldstein