Tubeless Tire Repair..Wheelbarrow

Can anyone tell me how to inflate a tubeless tire on a wheelbarrow or a snowblower? The bead dont go to the rim. Does it need a high pressure shot of air? I'm trying to do it with a hand tire pump. Is there some sort of trick or secret to getting it inflated? Should I also put some sealer around the rim, and if so, I guess they would sell it at a hardware store. Thanks for any info or help.

Reply to
CandJ

Wrap a piece of rope around the tire, tie a knot, place a stick between the rope an the tire tread and begin twisting. The rope will wind up and get tighter around the tire tread and force the side wall and bead outward against the rim..

Same system works on regular tubeless tires.

steve

Reply to
Steve

you can take a rope and make a loop around the outside of the whole tire and then take a stick and twist it into the loop to sqeeze the loop, this shoves the bead outware to help to inflate it.. kinda like the old days they had a large metal band for car tires that they would squeeze the tire and this would spread the bead out for inflating.. but i got so tired of putting air into my wheelbarrow tire that i just went to the lawnmower shop and bought a tube for the tire, never had to put air into it in about 3 yrs. now....

Reply to
jim

Steve and Jim, Thanks for the advice. I will try the rope and twist thing. It has to work, it seems so simple and practicle.

Joe

Reply to
CandJ

Some soap around the bead helps it to seal too. I purchased one of those tire inflators that locks on so I don't need 3 hands!

Wayne

Reply to
wayne

Something that I over looked until rereading the OP, your trying to inflate this tire with a hand pump.. This is near to impossible with at tubeless tire,even with the band/rope around the tire.. I don't think you can pump fast enough to overcome the escaping air..

You might want to use the rope trick but go to a gas station for a higher volume of air..

Good luck

Steve

Reply to
Steve

For $5 you can buy a tube for it and be done with the problem. Just be sure to get the proper size tube.

Many of my troublesome small "tubeless" tires now have tubes in them (wheel barrow, Go Karts, lawn tractor etc.).

John

Reply to
John

yes you right i missed the hand pump also.. it will be impossible to do it this way.. need pleanty of air as most of it will be lost until the bead it set on the rim.....

Reply to
jim

Take a can of lighter fluid and squirt some inside the tire around the inner circumference. Light a match and throw it in the tire.

Poof!! Now the tire is seated properly on the bead.

Reply to
davefr

Well, you could use Ether, but it's dangerous, and could blow a hole in your wheel.. :)

Reply to
Daniel L. Belton

Wrap a rope around the circumference of the tire and tie it. Use something like a long screwdriver to tighten it like a tourniquet. That should expand the bead to meet the rim. In tire shops they use an inflatable rubber tube to do the same thing. Then get some tire sealer at a bike shop or K-mart and follow the directions.

Good luck - -Frank

Reply to
Frank K.

You can also get solid rubber tires for a barrow. About $10 at HD.

STeve

Reply to
SteveB