Tub without styrofoam bottom??

I have to install yet another American Standard steel tub, but this one (60x30x14 shallow) doesn't seem to have that white styrofoam bottom support under the tub bowl. The bowl just floats in the air while you stand in it. Is this right? Won't it flex and squeak while you shower in it? Should I put big gobs of Flexbond under the tub? Thanks for your thoughts.
ask the manufacturer