Tub/Shower Surround Caulk Choice

Just installed a 5 panel shower surround and I need to know the best caulk to use. I've found that 100% Silicon Rubber has a propensity to peel easily. I need something strong that will bond with the tub ledge and shower surround. Is Acrylic Latex strong enough? How about Butyl Rubber? If we didn't have teenagers using the shower I would just silicone it but experience in re-caulking the old surround says not to.

Reply to
Meat Plow

Larry and a Cat named Dub

It really does. I have a no drip caulk gun and really love it so I'll give the surfaces a thorough cleaning in the morning and report back. I understand that using just enough bead to seal is the best (less to grab accidentally I suppose). Thanks again.

Reply to
Meat Plow