Tub faucet leaks when show is on....how to fix??

To turn on the shower in my bath, you pull a knob up on the faucet an this turns on the shower. It still leaks a bit. I don't see it as much of a problem, but I'm trying to sell the house and the potential buyer thinks that this is a deal breaker. I figured I'd give the repair a try before I told her to uhhhhh, shop elsewhere.
Any repair suggestions??
BM
The buyer is a moron. Spend $10.00 and replace the faucet. There may be a set screw to loosen first, or not, but it simply unscrews from the tub. Then, find another buyer you can deal with. This one will drive you crazy.

If it only leaks when the show is on I'm surprised he noticed.
Is there a webcam for that show?
--

FF

you can buy a "kit" to replace the knob and diverter piece...saved me lots of bucks...take faucett to a local plumbing supply store - not Home Depot or Lowe's