Tub does not hold water t

Harri:
H > I use my tub for plants when i go away on trips..a week at a time. i put th m H > in the tub on top of plastic container and fill with hot water midway to th t H > container. When I arrived home, the plants survived, but all the water has H > drained. Does that mean there is a leak in the drain? Its hard to tell with the H > tub into the floor.
I don't think there is a problem: the stoppers generally don't seal all that well so the water probably drips through into the drain. Depending on the humidity level in your home the plants might be drawing a lot of water up also. The drainage/"leak" might be a good thing as generally you don't want houseplants (or any type of plant) to be drowning.
Presumably you don't have access to the undersurface of the tub such as from a basement else you would be able to see if there has been any water where there shouldn't be (it leaves markings). I don't think there is a problem based on what you have told us.
- barry.martinATthesafebbs.zeppole.com
* Quip pro quo (A fast retort)
--
RoseReader 2.52 P003186
The Safe BBS Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971
On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 01:32:06 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@rime.org (barry martin) wrote:

Now, if this were funny and made most of us laugh, it would be acceptable here. But today it's just a dumb, wise-ass, unfunny, response! Let's see if we can do better.

Joe Fabeitz wrote:

Made me laff.....sorry