TSP - yes or no ???

Page 2 of 2
Ether Jones wrote:

You are absolutely correct! Any real paint store will have both products and confirm what you said.
BTW, if you use TSP, you should not put it down your drain but poor it on your lawn or garden. Dilute it if the concentration bothers you. That way your lawn or garden benefits from the phosphorous and the stuff stays out of the sewer system and streams.
I dought any manufacturer of regular paint says dont use Tsp, and you cant of course remember who said it. Tsp will only affect gloss if not thoroughly rinsed. Mill glase, now you worry to much. Dust, just dust it off. Not all wood should be washed, if you use Tsp just rinse well with very clean water. Tsp has been the norm for cleaning wood for 50-60? years.
m Ransley wrote:

No, I can't, but I've still got some more paint shopping to do, and I'll keep an eye out for it. I'll post the specific brand and product name if I come across it again.

I doubt the correctness of this statement. Everything else I have read indicates that TSP affects the paint's adhesion, and can result and premature paint failure and blistering.

Mill glaze apparently is a big issue for stains. Maybe not so much for paints?