TSP & Diswashing powder

TSP also leaves the interior of the machine sparkling.

honestly i was starting to feel like i was putting my dishes to be cleaned in a trash compactor......

my machine now sparkles too:)

Reply to
hallerb

The first non-detergent cycle is intended to wash off any of the larger food particles and rinse off anything that will rinse off without detergent. The second (or third) cycle is when the lid pops open and releases the detergent. You can put detergent in the open cup if you have a particularly dirty load, Using only the open cup for detergent is not optimal.

Reply to
Robert Neville

Google is your friend:

Robert Neville

Watermelons? It that the bunch that's green on the outside and red under the covers? With a sprinkling of blacks scattered uniformly in the main body?

Reply to
HeyBub

Shrug. I rinse dishes before I stack them in the sink, and load/run the dishwasher maybe once a week. I've never noticed any problems with current-issue liquid dishwasher soap.

Reply to
aemeijers

i stuff them in the machine as they get dirty and dont rinse.

why waste the water?

Reply to
hallerb

.....Yummy... yeah.

Reply to
Sjouke Burry

As with many other things, it is all a matter of timing. You want to get them on the upswing when they are still sexually preoccupied but before they get all grandiose.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

the word "unmedicated" is superfluous.

nate

(sadly, BTDT.)

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Yep, that'll work.

There are those of us, however, who do not wash dishes before we put them in the dish washer. Neither do we hone our skill on hand-sawing boards before activating the Skil saw. We do not mow the lawn with a pair of scissors before breaking out the lawn mower.

I understand washing dishes by hand because they weren't getting clean in the dishwasher. Try NOT hand washing and adding TSP to the machine.

Reply to
HeyBub

Don't read more into my post than what I put in it. I RINSE them, I do not WASH them, before stacking them in other side of sink. As in 'run the side the food touched under the running water one pass'. I do this just to keep the stink down until I load the dishwasher. I keep them topside in sink so that I remember to run dishwasher. I also don't bother to UNload dishwasher until I need to run another load. Living alone and only eating maybe a dozen meals a week at home, I don't generate dishes very fast, so NOT rinsing them is not a good option- no DW can be expected to clean dried concrete very well.

Not slamming anyone who needs spiked DW detergents due to their habits and/or local water peculiarities. Just saying that with the water I have here, and my cheapy entry-level DW and lousy water pressure, liquid Cascade (I think, the bottle is green) works fine. I only fill the dispenser cup about 2/3 full, and don't use any rinse agents or anything. I also keep 'auto dry' turned off, and just crack the door after cycle ends. Perhaps baking the wet dishes is one thing that promotes spots? Not curious enough to experiment.

Reply to
aemeijers

Huh?

I didn't bring up the subject and I take umbrage at your suggestion!

In fact, I remember well what my grandfather used to say: "You don't have to be colored to like watermelons."

Reply to
HeyBub