Trying to get rid of dirt

Your trash cans get weighed when dumped? And you don't mean a large, commercial, industrial, special order dumpster? Again, weird.Out here in the boonies the trucks drive up, pick up the can, dump it into the truck, drop it, and drive away. Really, can you say the trash people do anything different where you are? No on is going to "weigh" the trash from a regular trash can. There is only one person doing the pickup, and he/she never gets out of the truck! Just dump and drive. "If it fits, it ships", to plagiarize from the USPS.
h wrote:

Not every trash company has the claw trucks, especially or rural runs where you never know what the hell will be sitting at the curb. Around here there are still one or two guys hanging off the back. Their back muscles are the scale. If their backs says 'this is too heavy', it doesn't get dumped. I've pushed it a few times, but I generally only have a foot or two in the dumpster, so they let me slide some.
--
aem sends...

On Thu, 05 Aug 2010 00:35:10 -0400, aemeijers wrote:

How do you get rid of the other body parts? ;-)
No rural run here - we haul our own to the dump every few weeks. Not sure what they'd do if I were to show up there with a bunch of dirt. When I was overseas the trucks weighed the cans as they lifted them, I believe. There was talk of putting microchips in every (council-issued-and- sanctioned) can, too, so they could try to track who was doing what. Glad I don't live there any more...
cheers
Jules

Since it's soil and not a washing machine, 3 rusty bed frames and 38 half-full cans of ancient paint, they probably wouldn't say a word about it.

As I understand it, at the start of the mechanical lift from the street, up and over to the initial receiving chute on the truck, there is some sort of weight sensor that either blinks a light in the cab, or sounds a buzzer, if some pre-determined weight is exceeded. When the driver is alerted by this he may abort the lift, leaving it for the customer to handle - or abort the lift and then get out of the cab and inspect the customer's bin. The driver notes in a log the street address and the nature of the situation. I had a "green" bin heavily loaded with sections of a tree trunk which triggered the alarm. I happen to be there at the time, with my broom cleaning up, and the driver told me I had overloaded the bin, but that he would "override" the alarm and take my stuff, but not to do it again.

Wow! A 200 gallon trash can?! That must be some fun to carry out to the curb. ;-)

sweep it under a rug.

Advertise it as sexy dirt.
ont.net:

Get some dirt on your politicians. A couple of yards more won't be noticed.
On Thu, 05 Aug 2010 04:12:47 +0000, FlavorFlav wrote:

Ha ha! Leave it out in the sun first - sexy, hot, naked dirt. Downright dirty dirt, too.